Saturday, February 11, 2012

Winners for Challenge #81: Nance's Flower Challenge

Hi everyone! Nance here. WOW, what a week!  So many entries for my flower theme challenge at the Paper PlayersThank you so much to everyone who played along with us.  We are always amazed by the abundant talent out there...and so glad that you share it with us!  Let's take a look at the projects that caught the eye of the Design Team.

Our picks for A Cut Above:
Ann's Choice:
Nikki Spencer of My Sandbox

 
Bright and beautiful are two words that I would use to describe this fabulous card designed by Nikki Spencer.  The background is artistically stamped  to provide a perfect backdrop for the fabulous flower, with just the right balance of white space to allow for placement of the sentiment.  The embosslit butterfly, with its bit of bling, provides the perfect finishing touch! Congratulations, Nikki, for being my choice for A Cut Above!

LeAnne's Choice: 
Linda Fisher of Linda's Stampin' Loft

Out of the plethora of beautiful floral images I saw this week, Linda's card stood out to me with its subtle colors and textural details.  The burlap fabric, the dotted embossed background and designer paper, and the button-embellished flower, all in warm neutral tones, create a calm soothing palette that is surprisingly refreshing!  This is a sweet card anyone would love to receive!  Congratulations, Linda, on being my Cut Above this week!

Lesley's Choice:
Michelle's elegant card caught my eye right away this week. The gorgeous scalloped circles and the pretty polka dot paper with stitching around it, made for a fresh and lovely feminine card. I love the gather of flowers to the side of the card, all swept up with beautiful ribbon. Congratulations, Michelle, on being my choice for a Cut Above this week!

Anne Marie's choice: 
Talk about a cheerful card, in every way! Joan's beautiful bouquet card caught my eye instantly this week with all of the bright and happy colors she used. I especially liked how she created that fabulous background paper herself! Such a creative idea she shared! and a great way to always ensure you have a patterned paper to match your project. Love that! The big double-bow and the banner sentiment are the perfect finishing touches, too. Congratulations to you Joan, on being my pick for A Cut Above this week!  

Jaydee's Choice: 

There were so many amazing cards to choose from this week but I just kept coming back to Vicky's fabulous card.  The vellum flower is gorgeous against the subtle background.  The little pop of green from the leaves was just the right amount of color to break up the red and white.  The stitching adds a slightly aged/distressed feel, but the overall card is still clean and simple perfection.  Absolutely gorgeous!  Vicky, congratulations on being my Cut Above this week.

Now for this week's Headliner

Nance’s choice: Margaret Moody


There is no mistaking a Margaret Moody card.  Bold, clean, stylish and sometimes just a bit unexpected.  I admire her amazing ability to combine colors in bold, graphic ways and this week’s flower card is no exception.  Those fabulous pink, orange and red flowers pop off the daffodil yellow background but she kept everything grounded by repeating the colors in the designer paper at the bottom of the card.  Her design is clean but there is plenty of attention to detail.  The score lines on the leaves, the heart-shaped centers on the flowers and the flagged end on the sentiment banner.  All this adds up to one fabulous design and one outstanding creation!  Congratulations, Margaret, you’re my choice for this week’s Headliner!


Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a fabulous new color challenge from Ann. You're going to love it!
Cheers! 
Nance

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for picking my card - I am delighted to be one of your 'cuts above'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I'm so excited to have my card chosen as this week's Headliner! All of the cards chosen are gorgeous creations and I'm honored to be a part of such a talented group of winners! I love The Paper Players and I'm thrilled I had the opportunity to participate! Thanks, Nance and the PP Design Team for a great challenge and all the wonderful inspiration you bring to the paper crafting world each week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! Congratulations ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for choosing my card as a 'cut above' this week! I love to play along with he Papers Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..Thanks so much ladies, l'm honoured to be chosen as a "Cut above", congratulations to all the "Cut above" girls and Thanks Paper Players for a great challenge and fab inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!